With over 20 years in the filtration industry, the SpringWell WS Series is the best well water filtration system in our book that money can buy.
- User-friendly digital interface
- Blue-tooth enabled
- Won’t affect water pressure
- Environmentally friendly and cost-effective
- Works quietly
- Lifetime warranty
Use Coupon Code: QWL5 to save!
Best for: The SpringWell WS1 is best for anyone look for a “set and forget” system that can operated from anywhere with a mobile phone and that just works excellent all around.
SpringWell WS – Well Water Filter System Review
Filtering well water has unique challenges. Rare in municipal supplies — the iron, manganese, and sulfur present in wells can cause significant water quality issues.
While these contaminants are not considered harmful to your health, they can make water taste bad, cause premature wear and tear on expensive appliances and leave permanent stains on delicate porcelain.
We’ll sort through the confusing technical jargon and point you to a top-quality filter by SpringWell — a US company with twenty years of experience solving residential water quality problems. Let’s dive in.
- SpringWell’s oxidizing filter is a single tank system that removes iron, sulfur and manganese.
- Similar in design to a water softener, it comes in two sizes based on the number of bathrooms in your home, and it’s guaranteed not to affect water pressure.
- The vigorous gallon-per-minute flow rate leaves the competition behind.
- The system functions automatically — just set it and forget it — or manage settings using your smart phone.
- The durable digital head comes complete with Bluetooth. Unlike older systems, compressed air is released slowly, so operation is whisper quiet.
- If you live in drought-prone areas, backwashing can be optimized to save thousands of gallons per year.
- SpringWell water filtration systems are backed by a limited lifetime warranty and a risk-free satisfaction guarantee.
- If it doesn’t give you the clean, crisp, fresh-tasting water you deserve, send it back within six months — no questions asked.
- DIY installation can be challenging
- Higher initial price than similar models
Iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide aren’t health risks — but they’re costing you money. Excess minerals can clog water lines feeding dishwashers, refrigerators and water heaters, causing premature breakdowns. And when faced with showering, drinking and cooking with water that smells like rotten eggs, chances are you’ll buy bottled or go thirsty — that’s no bargain.
This SpringWell well water filtration system can fill thousands of bottles with water that rivals premium brands at a fraction of the cost and without the hassle. Components are certified for safety and built to last by a company you can trust. You’ll pay a few dollars more up front, but it’s worth it for the advanced design. It’s an affordable, environmentally- friendly home upgrade you won’t regret.
SpringWell – WS Performance Features:
|Filter Lifespan||20+ years||20+ years|
|Flow Rate||12 GPM||20 GPM|
How The WS1 Well Water Filter Works
The best whole house water filter system for well water is the one that removes the most target contaminants and fits your lifestyle. The Springwell WS1 & WS4 use a four-step process to filter well water:
- Water entering the tank’s air cavity causes the oxidation of iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide.
- Contaminated water is filtered by the greensand bed, which traps the oxidized contaminants and prevents them from returning to the water.
- When the system backwashes, the greensand bed is cleaned of manganese, hydrogen sulfides, and iron. A new pocket of air is introduced into the tank.
- Water that has been filtered and treated is delivered to the internal plumbing system via faucets and appliances
This filter removes:
- Up to 7 PPM of iron
- Up to 8 PPM of hydrogen sulfide
- Up to 1 PPM of manganese
A water test will show the level of contaminants in your water. Among comparable iron filters, the SpringWell is a top performer. If you need a filtration system designed to remove heavy metals and organic chemicals, such as pesticides, consider the SpringWell CF1 Whole House Filter. The optional UV light kit adds protection against microorganisms.
Water Flow Rate & GPM
Flow rate — measured in gallons per minute — reflects how fast water moves through a filter. Some models slow the flow so much that there’s a noticeable loss of water pressure when multiple taps are open.
Activities like taking showers and flushing the toilet require an average of 2-3 gallons per minute each. Multiplied by the number of bathrooms in your home, your usage requirements at any given time could easily exceed what most filters can provide.
SpringWell water filtration systems are guaranteed to ensure brisk flow. While flow rates among similar models average 6-8 GPM, SpringWell’s two systems offer:
- WS1 — 12 GMP for 1–3 bathroom homes
- WS4 — 20 GMP for homes with more than four baths.
As you can see, the only difference between the WS1 & WS4 is the tank size and flow rate — choose the size that’s right for you.
Design and Installation
The SpringWell filtration system requires about two square feet of floor space and must be located near a drain. This filter is similar to a water softener — contaminants are oxidized in an air pocket at the top of a single tank, and then forced to the bottom where they’re trapped by sand until a backwash cycle flushes them out of your home. A power source is required for the electronic head — a handy battery back-up protects you during power outages.
Filters are integrated into your home’s main water inlet, usually located in the basement. Cutting pipe is required, so comfort with plumbing and household tools are essential for DIY installations.
SpringWell creates its system to be easy to install, and they support the process with an online instructional video and technical support — written instructions are clear and easy to follow. If you’d rather take the day off — it’s a quick and inexpensive project for a plumbing contractor.
All of SpringWell’s filters are designed and assembled in the US. Components from the tank to the electronic control valve are independently certified and made of the highest-quality materials for durability — they want this to be the last system you’ll ever need.
The SpringWell WS1 comes with everything you’ll need to get a basic installation up in running,.
- WS well water tank & filter media
- Electronic head
- MNPT Fittings
- 50′ Drain line
- Bypass valve
- Power supply
- Hose clamp
- Spin-down sediment filter
Help and Support
SpringWell is invested in helping customers solve their water quality issues. Service and technical support representatives are ready to answer questions and guide you to the best filter for your home’s unique needs.
Most parts are covered by a limited lifetime warranty — the solid state electronic head is guaranteed for five years.
Frequently Asked Questions
The kit comes complete with a filtration tank, electronic head, bypass valve, drain line and hose clamp. You may need to purchase pipe and complementary fittings.
Yes, but installation can be tricky in tight spaces, and basic plumbing skills are essential. It’s an easy half-day job for a professional.
Yes, but sub-freezing temperatures will damage the filter. Install it outdoors only in the warmest climates.
Iron, manganese and sulfur are naturally occurring elements, but too much of them in your water spell trouble. Before resorting to high-priced bottled water, or worse, thinking there’s nothing you can do, consider a SpringWell well water filtration system — it’s an investment in your quality of your life.
Use Coupon Code: QWL5 to save!